Sunday, February 19, 2006

Our trip to M

Ron and Bella have gone off to Alb for the weekend. Leaving me with 2 little ones to entertain... didn't think bedtime would ever arrive last night!

Ran a few errands this morning then a 2 hour drive to St M. Probably wouldn't have taken too long but I made a few wrong turns. And didn't bring a map. But I willed myself there and eventually found the highway I was looking for. We were able to listen to 3 of the 5 disks of Witches by Roald Dahl. I enjoy listening to audio books while on a road trip - helps the miles to click by that much faster.

We had a very nice visit with our friends. Margo is so full of fun and life and energy and just craziness! Rick is goofy and fun too. The kids (4 boys and now a baby girl!) are sweet. But they are boys, so my sensitive self is often overwhelmed! Makes the Baby 4 and 5 campaign of Ron's a mute point. After today, no way Jose!

Rick, Margo and I played dominoes today. First time I've ever played - it was fun! While we played, the kids were playing. The same thing happened this time that happened on our last visit... their yard is not fenced and their kids have pretty much free reign to go anywhere on their court. Which means out of the yard and even out of sight. I let Ryan go out with them for awhile but I was completely nervous and stressed out the entire time he was gone. Luckily he went without a jacket so got cold and came back shortly.

So am I a bad mom because I let him go with the other boys alone or am I a bad mom, too overprotective? My vote today for the former rather than the latter. Only time will tell if I ever change my vote.

No comments: