Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Spider Eviction

So I decided after a weekend of failed attempts to complete various projects that I was going to try very hard today to accomplish SOMETHING! (I have decided that laundry, dishes, etc. do not count since they are ongoing, won't be done until you die tasks! And even though some days they don't get done at all, they do not count for accomplishments on the days that they do.)

The lucky winner of the project lottery... Changing the lightbulb in the foyer. This bulb has been burnt out for quite some time now, possibly even months.... It bugs me that it is out since I used to use it a lot. Lucky for me, Ron left the ladder out in the garage where I could easily get it and bring it in to the house (we have one of those super-high foyers). And actually thinking ahead for once, I checked to make sure I had a replacement BEFORE I brought the ladder in (because with my luck we wouldn't have any replacement bulbs!). We had bulbs so off to work I go. While I'm up there, I decide to pull out my super-long duster and clean off all those thousands of spider webs (hence the title of today's post) though technically I think all the spiders had already vacated the premises. If the web is so dusty you can see it, chances are the spiders have moved on... :) And then I decided that I might as well clean the large mirror. And while I'm at it, why not get out the vaccuum and the water/sponge to clean the floor. Over an hour later... clean foyer! Woo Hoo!

For those of you wondering how all of this could actually be accomplished in a single stream of uninterrupted work... No kids in the house! No, I didn't lock them in the shed. Ryan was a school and stayed late for science class. The girls were at Grandma D's for a long visit (Grandma D and Bella missed each other over the weekend while Bella was in Alb.)

And now my "coffee break" is over... Time to go pick up Ryan then fix dinner.

2 comments:

mapiprincesa! said...

wow...heluva lot more than I got done housework-wise today!

She-Ra said...

it's only a passing phase - most likely the only housework that will get done all month!