Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Cranky Momma Coming Through

So watch out world!

As you may have noticed, I've been a little on the cranky side lately. In case you haven't read enough of them yet, here's another Cranky Momma story for ya.

So I took all 3 kids to swimming this morning. (My swimming carpool buddies are sick today). No problem. Ryan did a great job of waiting for us outside the dressing room (now that he has reached the magical age of 6 and is no longer allowed in the womens' room) both times. He and Felisa were very patient while Bella had her class. Other than the gale force arctic winds and the whining before and after by Ryan and Felisa (and the corresponding and completely ineffective crazed screaming by me), this evolution went well. I didn't get enough breakfast though which sets us up for the rest of the Cranky Momma story.

I stopped at McD's on the way home. I debated whether or not to stop. After all, we have equally unhealthy chicken nuggets in the freezer at home that can be nuked in only one minute. But, it was still breakfast hours (oh how I love breakfast at McD's) and I had a coupon and I was STARVING so I stopped. I shouldn't have been there (for many reasons) but I was. And since I was, I was not leaving without getting what I had come for! I arrived at the drive-thru 5 minutes before the magical breakfast/lunch changeover time (this is important later). No one was in front of me. I ordered. I drove around to the first window and paid. I drove to the next window. They handed me a bag of food. Seemed light so I checked it. I was missing one sandwich and one hash brown. I told the lady what I was missing and then I got my receipt out to check. I hadn't been charged correctly. More McD's people come to "help". They tell me I only paid for 2 sandwiches. I said okay. But I need 3 so let's fix it (thinking they would ring me up another order). More McD's people come to "help". One of them tells me, Sorry it's lunchtime now. WHAT?!?!?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?!?!? I don't think so! I proceeded to tell them in no uncertain terms that I had arrived and ordered before the end of breakfast (and by the clock in my car, it still is NOT 1030 yet and therefore breakfast is not over) and I wasn't leaving without my breakfast so they had better produce another sandwich and hash brown. So... they do. Not too happy about it of course. But then, neither was I. And by this time, the driver behind me was getting impatient and honking at us.

So in short, I, the completely starving, cranky, maniac momma, pissed off a lot of people this morning. For this I apologize. BUT - I did get my breakfast and now am feeling much better (at least for the moment). So thank you.

No comments: