Thursday, January 05, 2006

In the middle of a muddle

"I'm in the middle of muddle, in the middle of a muddle am I... I wish I were twins but alas I'm only I"

These are some of the words out of a song on the Bella Dancerella Dance Studio DVD that Bella received as a Christmas gift from Grandma and Grandpa R. In keeping with the Cinderella theme, Bella Dancerella is singing about the loads of housework she has to do and how she will never be able to finish. It's my new theme song for the year I think. My 2005 goal was to clean up and clear out my scrapbook area. I made a pretty good dent in that thanks to my office corner cabinets that Ron and his dad built as well as the scrapbook yard sale where I was able to sell some of my stuff. I love all of it - that's why I bought it in the first place! - but I will not be able to use it within the next year. The sheer volume had become a hindrance so out it went. Less is more sometimes! And not to fret - I still have more than I could use in a year.

So anyway, back to my 2006 goal - to get the rest of my life a little more "together". Felisa is old enough now that I can't use my Baby Brain excuse. I still have Baby Brain (or lack of a brain to be more precise!) but can't use it as an excuse any more. Well, I can. And do. But I don't want to. So, I'm trying not to. And if I don't have an excuse then I need to be more "with it" so I don't need an excuse. I turned my FlyLady emails back on. My immediate goal is to do one mission a day. So far I've only done one and a half in the last three days but that is more than I was doing previously. The fan blades in the TV room are clean now. It's not much but it's more than before. Baby steps. Those to me are words to live by. Go here http://flylady.net/ to learn more about her. She is good for motivation and direction in areas of de-cluttering and general housekeeping. I haven't done her justice here. And she may not be for you. But for me, she is perfect.

And so I leave you all to return to my muddle...

No comments: