Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Four-Eyes Update

So a week has passed. Let's review how the glasses torture is progressing...

I have decided that I am an adult now and that people are most likely NOT making fun of me because I'm wearing glasses. I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons to give me a second glance and wonder... :)

I have a lingering sense that I am forgetting something, like I forgot something at home or forgot to do something. A little nagging voice that is always there in the background. Sometimes I think about it and say, Oh yeah. I'm supposed to be wearing my glasses. I also feel like people are looking at me because I feel half-dressed. Going out in public with my glasses on is like going out in public in my underwear. Terrible feeling to be living with. Hopefully it will subside soon.

And comfort - Uck! I can feel them all the time - my nose hasn't numbed out yet. So they are constantly bugging me. I also feel like I am wearing blinders. I can't see anymore. My vision is just as clear as before but my field of vision is greatly reduced by the lenses and frames. Usually when someone gets glasses, the fact that suddenly everything is clear is more noticeable than the limited vision field. Not true in my case since I could already see fine as long as I had my contacts in. Without them, well that's another story!

And one last complaint before we head out to the bus stop. My eyes are tired. Still adjusting to the difference.

Have I mentioned yet that I HATE wearing glasses?!?

No comments: