Friday, January 20, 2006

Dinner and triscuits will cure what ails

I think an angel must have been watching over me yesterday because things couldn't have worked out better...

S had to take her BIL to the airport in the am which left our swimming lesson plans a little uncertain. BUT she made it back with time to spare. Then...

We decided to stay and have a play day. S had yummy spaghetti for lunch and she watched the girls while I took Ryan to school. I picked up a project, changed into warmer clothes and headed back for MORE play time. Then...

S and I talked over future plans and Ron's dissatisfaction with his current job. I said that Ron and I should find a babysitter to maybe get a night out over the weekend to have some grown-up talk time. Then...

S gave me her PF Chang's gift card that she is unable to use. (Have you ever seen Chinese food without soy? Me neither!) So I get to eat there after all even though I missed it on Mom's night out. Then...

Felisa fell asleep on the way home even though I tried bribing her with french fries to keep her awake until after I got Ryan. Never fear because who should I see as I drive down the street but Melissa. She was locked out. So - I was able to have her watch the girls so Felisa could sleep while I picked up Ryan. AND she came back at dinner time so Ron and I could go out. Then...

We had a super delicious absolutely scrumptious dinner at PF Changs (THANK YOU S!), a nice walk around the mall afterwards, complete with a Starbucks latte, and came home to tired kids that were soon asleep.

Can you ask for anything more than that? I don't know about Ron but I feel cured. At least I did until I went to class this morning... ouch!

2 comments:

mapiprincesa! said...

how nice...send me some of that karma, why don'tcha...

She-Ra said...

I think it was short lived - wore off by the next day!