Tuesday, January 17, 2006

My Tuesday needs a makeover

Well, another Tuesday has passed. I thought I would like having the majority of our activities on one day so the other days of the week remain more relaxed. I still think so BUT... I need to refine the routine a little or we'll never make it! No dinner, no naps, and schedule conflicts (Ron wasn't home before I had to leave with Ryan for swimming) just isn't going to work!

Solutions:
1. Crockpot dinners on Tuesday (as long as S is driving the girls for swimming or it may not work) - this will make sure Ryan and I can eat before we leave and Ron will have dinner ready when he arrives home. We were all hungry tonight!

2. Ron needs to be home by 5:30 or call before 5 so I can make schedule/child-care adjustments. Eleanor was able to watch the girls tonight but I had to wait about 10 minutes for her to return with Bailey so I could ask her which made Ryan late for swim class.

Ron told me that Felisa was requesting a cloth diaper tonight. Not sure how she communicated this but I'll take his word for it. She has been in disposables for 2 days. I got a little behind over the weekend (though the other 6 loads of laundry were folded by Sunday!) so the diapers were in the wash yesterday. Today I looked at the next 6 loads waiting for me in the bathroom and ended up doing nothing about it. The diapers didn't even make it into the dryer even though I was in the laundry room 3 times today (looking for goggles and swimsuits!). They are drying now so tomorrow looks promising (see - there's that evening hopefulness again!).

On the plus side - the dishes were done before swim class this evening. I say were because the kitchen is a mess again. Laundry and dishes - does it ever end?

Scrubs is on - I'm calling it a night and headed to bed where I can watch with my feet up. I'm up early tomorrow for workout. And I'll just go with the hope that all will be fine tomorrow. Most likely we'll end up late for school anyway but let's pretend just for a few hours that I can do it all (and go to bed before 10 pm).

No comments: