Sunday, January 01, 2006

Pregnancy as a Personality Predictor

So here I am in a nice quiet house, finishing up Christmas gifts for last year (being Jan 1, last week does qualify as last year!). It's these infrequent quiet times that produce some of my most random reflections. So, here it is...

Does your pregnancy (easy, hard, etc) reflect the personality or temperment of the child to come? In my case this seems to be true, at least so far. Ryan was my easiest pregnancy and he is my most laid-back, easy-going kid. Bella was my hardest pregnancy (hard being a relative term because even my hard one was a walk in the park compared to a lot of moms out there) and she offers me the most challenges on a daily basis - she seems more inclined to fight a situation than find a way to accept it or make it work. Felisa was a combination of my 2 earlier pregnancies. And she is pretty easy-going over all but with an uncanny ability to cause trouble everywhere she goes! A bit of a daredevil.

And now my timer is beeping on the Peanut Butter People Poppers I'm making for the dogs next door. And Bailey too of course!

1 comment:

mapiprincesa! said...

Perhaps labor...my daughter's labor was much easier than my son's, and she is definitely the easiest *THUS FAR* of the two of them (haha). But the pregnancies were both pretty similar, relatively mundane and really, the kids don't give me that much hell, so maybe you have something there. Double-dare you to write grant proposals for research into this possibility! :)